06 Mar Gathering Place Guidelines
The purpose of The Gathering Place is to provide a location to promote social interaction, a sense of community, and the health, safety, and welfare of the Fearrington and Galloway Ridge residents. The Fearrington Homeowners Association provides and manages this space for all residents for gatherings, meetings, clubs, parties, reunions, memorials, and other family occasions, subject to the Guidelines and Procedures below. The Gathering Place is located at 26 Swim & Croquet.
Guidelines for Use of The Gathering Place
Any group or individual wishing to rent The Gathering Place must agree to abide by the current guidelines, sign a rental agreement with the FHA and pay applicable rental fees.
- The Gathering Place shall be available for a reasonable fee to all Fearrington groups holding meetings open to all residents of Fearrington Village and Galloway Ridge, and their invited guests.
- Fearrington “groups” refers to any group, club or organization that has been chartered by the Board of Directors (see Charter Process below).
- “Invited guests” refers to any individual who has been specifically invited by a Fearrington Village or Galloway Ridge resident. It does not include invitees who may be aware of the event through general publicity.
- The Gathering Place shall be available for a reasonable fee to all residents of Fearrington Village and Galloway Ridge for private parties for specifically invited residents and non-residents.
- These private parties need not be open to all Fearrington and Galloway residents
- If the purpose of such a private gathering is to explore the organization of a group, club, or organization, or service group, two such gatherings shall be allowed without payment of a fee.
- The Gathering Place may be used as a polling place or for fundraising by the FHA.
- The FHA Board must approve all exceptions to these guidelines
The following additional guidelines are in effect as of the end of 2022 because of the Covid-19 pandemic and other viruses. Any changes to this policy will be posted on the FHA website home page.
- Face masks are recommended in the public and common areas of The Gathering Place. It is up to the club or group whether or not they want to require that members be masked and/or vaccinated at their events.
- No participant may attend a meeting if they exhibit any Covid symptoms or have a fever.
- The renting organization is responsible for ensuring compliance with these guidelines.
Requirements and Procedures
- Prior to booking space at the Gathering Place, groups or organizations based in Fearrington Village must first file their Charter with FHA (see Charter process 1 – 3 below).
- Chartering groups and organizations will give them formal standing, and will ensure that they further a sense of community and harmony in Fearrington Village.
- New clubs and organizations will apply to the FHA Board using an application form available from the hospitality office or online.
- All existing clubs will be automatically given charters, but should nevertheless, complete the application form to record their group’s information.
- Groups may engage outside speakers, presenters, or performers on a voluntary basis or by giving them an honorarium, provided that the speaker, presenter or performer does not solicit for future business. The sale of books or other items incidental to the presentation is permitted.
- Groups or individuals using space at the Gathering Place must comply with the following procedures (copies will be included with your rental agreement):
- Security: Access to the Gathering Place is provided by electronic keypads at the front and back doors and by a key inside a key safe at the kitchen door. Key codes are provided to the renter when a rental agreement is signed. Renters are responsible for turning off lights and securing the building after use. A checklist of procedures for leaving the building ready for the next user is provided with the rental agreement and is also posted in the kitchen.
- Audio-visual: Use of Audio Visual equipment in the large meeting room, or the laptop projector in the small conference room, requires the presence of a trained Tech Volunteer (not required for use of the microphones alone). Contact email@example.com. Established groups may have designated members who have received training on the GP equipment for their AV requirements.
To initiate a conversation about reserving the Gathering Place, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Please review all the Gathering Place Procedures below before initiating a scheduling request. Legal Capacity Limits: 230 for chairs only; 107 for tables and chairs; 130 chairs and several folding tables are available on site.
Rental fees,security deposit requirements and other current terms and conditions will be posted on the website and can be obtained by e-mail at email@example.com.