03 Mar How to Update a Recurring Periodic PDF Publication
This article is prepared for the editor of the Garden Club’s newsletter, “Clippings”. The instructions are applicable to any regularly updated material by substituting the directory for the organization for “FearringtonGardenClub” and the file name for the updated material for the file “Clippings.pdf”.
- Open any article you can edit. Which article you choose does not matter.
- Click the Insert/Edit Image icon, last row of editing icons, 2nd from the right).
- Note the three panes at the bottom of the ensuing window: Left (Folders), Middle (Name), and Right (Details).
- Find “FearringtonGardenClub”in the Folders frame. Single-click “FearringtonGardenClub”.
- A list of FGC files will appear in the center pane. You should see “Clippings.pdf” near the top of the center pane. Click “Clippings.pdf”.
- Information about the file “Clippings.pdf” will appear in the right (Details) pane.
- To the right of the Details pane there is a column of icons. The second, beneath the red “x”, is the Rename icon. Click it.
- A new small window will pop up with the word “Clippings” in it. Immediately following “Clippings”, type “_Mmmyy” (no quotes, where Mmm is the month and yy the year of the OLD newsletter). Then click OK.
- Another pop-up window (“Confirm”) will appear. Click OK again.
- This has renamed the outgoing “Clippings.pdf” file. Now you must upload the new “Clippings.pdf” file.
- Prepare the new file on your computer , and give it the name “Clippings.pdf”.
- Immediately above the word “Details”, the heading for the right Pane, there are four icons. The third is the “Upload” icon.
- In the pop-up “Upload” window, click the word “Browse” in the box at the bottom of the window.
- Use the standard “Open” pop-up dialog to locate and select the new “Clippings.pdf” file you prepared in step 11 above.
- Click “Open” or whatever word is at the bottom of the “Open” dialog window. “Clippings.pdf” should appear at the top of the “Upload” window.
- Click the word “Upload” in the box at the bottom of the “Upload” window.
- The “Upload” window will pause for a few seconds while new “Clippings.pdf” is copied to the website, then will close automatically.
- The new “Clippings.pdf” file will be visible in the center pane.
- Click “Cancel” at the lower-right corner of the Image Manager window.
- Now click the Cancel button on the main editor window, and you are done.