Posted May 16, 2021
Recent changes in guidelines published by the CDC, and changes in state guidelines announced by Governor Cooper, have prompted changes in the guidlines established for The Gathering Place. See below, items 4 and 5. There has been a change in the wording of item 3 to emphasize its importance. Other guidelines are unchanged.
Any group wanting to rent The Gathering Place must contact Clairbeth Lehn (email@example.com or 919-542-3003) to book a date and time. The renter must sign the FHA rental agreement and pay rental fees. Groups may use credit from previous reservations that were unused because The Gathering Place was closed.
The group must agree to comply with the following guidelines. The guidelines will continue to be reviewed once a month, and further changes may be made.
1. A maximum of eight (8) participants is allowed at one time in the small meeting room, and thirty-six (36) in the main meeting room. No more than fifty (50) people are permitted at one time in the building, including offices.
2. There will be a maximum of three rentals per day, each rental being for one or both rooms.
3. At this time only fully vaccinated participants will be allowed to remain in the building. Responsibility for confirming that a person is vaccinated rests with the renting organization. It is recommended that participants show a photo of their vaccination card on their cell phone for verification purposes.
4. Fully vaccinated individuals are not required to wear masks while in the building. Wearing masks remains optional for those who prefer to do so.
5. While the state has dropped requirements for vaccinated individuals maintaining a specified distance from others, an organization may continue to make this a requirement for strenuous activities such as exercise or singing.
6. To promote ventilation, the HVAC system must be operated with the circulating fan running continuously. Hospital grade air filters will have been installed in the HVAC system.
7. The kitchen will be closed. Beverages are permitted in the building, but no food.
8. Participants must complete a sign-in sheet for tracking purposes. The sheets must be left in a drop box installed by the FHA office for that purpose. If any participant subsequently tests positive for Covid, the renting organization must inform the business office.
9. All participants must enter and leave The Gathering Place by the front door, except for participants whose mobility limitations require them to use the rear door.
10. The renting organization must provide hand sanitizer for participants.
11. No participant may attend a meeting if they exhibit any Covid symptoms such as loss of taste or smell, or having a fever.
12. The renting organization is responsible for ensuring compliance with these guidelines.